When we say “we,” “us,” and “LifeWatch Italy,” we’re referring to the Joint Research Unit LifeWatch Italy, Italian node of the European Research Infrastructure Consortium LifeWatch-ERIC, coordinated by the National research Council of Italy, by Dr Fabio Trincardi, and managed by Prof. Alberto Basset.
“Services”: the delivery of information via the LifeWatch Italy websites and via email or social networks related to the JRU.
The services are offered through the websites: www.lifewatchitaly.eu.
“Subscriber”: a person that actively subscribe to the newsletter and searches for information on the newsletter’s website or that provides us electronic information about the access to LifeWatch Italy websites.
“Authenticated user”: a person that register on www.lifewatchitaly.eu website to use its resources for his her own research activity.
While providing the Services, we may collect Personal Information about a Subscriber.
- Responsible of data treatment – Questions & Concerns
Data are stored in a secure server located at the University of Salento, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, Laboratory of Ecology. The responsible of the treatment of data is the manager of the JRU prof Alberto Basset.
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Information We Collect
- Cookies and Tracking: When you use our Services, we may store “cookies”, which are strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information about Subscribers’ visit and use of our Website or Services. Subscribers may turn off cookies that have been placed on their computer by following the instructions on their browser, but if they block cookies, it may be more difficult (and maybe even impossible) to use some aspects of the Services.
- Web Beacons: When we send emails to Members, we may track behaviour such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. We do that to measure the performance of our newsletter and to improve our features for specific segments of Members. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when Subscribers open the email, their IP address, browser or email client type, and other similar details.
- Website and newsletter analytics: When you navigate our website, we may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data“). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is Google analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services, for the monitoring and improving our website and services. The same when you interact, or not, with our newsletter we collect personal data (clicked links per user, who opened the newsletters, user IP address / geolocation / browser version / platform) through the AcyMailing system to allow detailed statistics and a tailored communication.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To communicate about Subscribers’ account and provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of Subscribers
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer. This includes aggregating information from Subscribers’ use of the Services and sharing such Aggregated Information with third parties.
- To provide suggestions to Subscribers. This includes asking to Subscribers if they will to join similar services that might be of interest.
We will retain personal data we process as long as needed to provide services to Subscribers or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
- Public Information and Third Parties
- Social Media Platforms and Widgets. Our Newsletter and Website include social media features, like the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about IP addresses and which page Subscribers are visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are hosted by a third party. We also maintain presences on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at Subscribers’ own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Subscribers’ interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Email Distribution List
The LifeWatch Italy Newsletter Distribution List is stored on a secure server. We don’t, under any circumstances, disclose nor sell the Distribution List. Only authorized employees have access to view the Distribution List.
We’ll use and disclose the information in the Distribution List only for the reasons listed under Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.
We may derive Aggregate Information from the Distribution List and will use that information as described in Section 7. If we detect abusive or illegal behaviour related to the Distribution List, we may share it or portions of it with anti-spam organisations.
- Notice of Breach of Security
Nobody is safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects Subscribers, we will notify them as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
- Compliance with EU
Our servers and offices are located in Italy, member of the European Union and will be compliant to European Legislation in terms of privacy. Data collected from sources outside EU will anyway be treated with the same regulations adopted for EU member states.
- Accuracy of Data, Transparency, and Choice
We do our best to keep Subscribers’ data accurate and up to date, to the extent that they provide us with the information we need to do that. If data changes (like a new email address), then Subscribers are responsible for notifying us of those changes.
We’ll retain Subscribers information for as long as their account is active or as long as needed to provide the services. We may also retain and use their information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements.
We’ll give Subscribers an individual access to any Personal Information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request this information from us by contacting us here (firstname.lastname@example.org). Unless prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Information about an individual Subscriber from our servers at his/her request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update his or her personal information.
- Cookies usage on this web site
This web site uses technical cookies in order to enhance user experience and to provide services to users. Tracking and third party ss may be used too when content from third party sites (like YouTube, Google Maps, etc…) are used embedded in this web site.
It is possible to limit or disable cookies by modification of your web browser settings, anyway without cookies some of the web site functionality could not work properly or not work at all.
Cookies can be classified accordingly to the following categories:
These cookies are necessary in order to provide the web site services: for example to store information provided by the user during its navigation or to handle user authentication.
These cookies store the information necessary for the web site usage and for providing personalised information to users.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third party cookies are stored by web sites different from the one that is currently visited. Third party cookies can be stored because of the content hosted on the web site, but they are provided by other servers. For example, cookies can be sent to web browsers when you visualize YouTube videos, Facebook or Twitter boxes, Google Maps and the like. These cookies can be used by those third parties for marketing and advertising purposes.