LifeWatchPlus Call for applications “energy characteristics and behaviour of space use” Unisalento
The University of Salento has published a call for applications for a research grant entitled, “Harmonization of data on the energy characteristics and behaviour of use of space for individuals, populations and species”within Lifewatch Italia and PON LifewatchPlus and CIR01_0028 projects.
Duration: 12 months (extendable or renewable for a maximum of 3 years)
Principal investigator Prof. Alberto Basset.
Applications close 02/12/2021
Criteria of evaluation:
- Proven knowledge of ecological theory at the community and ecosystem level, with particular reference to metabolic theory, niche theory and optimal foraging. Experience of many years of research in the area of metabolic and behavioral responses, in the spatial use of trophic resources, at different levels of ecological organization;
- Proven experience in the participation / direction of competitive projects on topics related to those of the call;
- Knowledge of open access digital archives for research products (publications, data, software, etc.) and knowledge of the Open Science paradigm (https://ec.europa.eu/research/openscience/index.cfm) and the FAIR principles (https://www.go-fair.org/fair-principles/), with particular reference to those consistent with the specific theme of the research in question;
- Knowledge of the procedures for the harmonization of data and metadata, as well as the
principles and validation technologies to check and / or declare compliance of harmonized
data and metadata with respect to applicable specifications;
- Knowledge of the main techniques of statistical analysis and modeling;
- Knowledge of written and spoken English.
The following skills will also be evaluated:
a) knowledge / specialist skills acquired and relevant to the achievement of the objectives that the Research Infrastructure intends to achieve;
b) relevance of the activity carried out in the last 2 years with the priority areas identified within the National Strategy of Intelligent Specialization (SNSI) and the ministerial planning for research in the period 2014-2020;
c) previous collaborations with public and private scientific institutions.