LifeWatchPlus Call for applications “Multimedia developments for biodiversity and ecosystem research” UniSalento
The University of Salento has published a call for applications for a research grant entitled “Multimedia developments for biodiversity and ecosystem research” for LifeWatch Italy in the framework of the LifeWatch PLUS and CIR01_0028 projects (Scientific Adviser, Prof. Alberto Basset).
The deadline for applications is 21/01/2022.
Minimum admission requirements:
1) Degree (course of study lasting at least four years, provided by the teaching systems to DM 03/11/1999, n. 509), Master’s degree (art. 3, paragraph 1, letter b, DM 03/11/2009, n. 509; Art. 3, paragraph 1, letter b, DM 22/10/2004, n. 270). The Selection Committee, for the sole purpose of selection for which it was established, recognizes the equivalence of the qualification (degree and / or PhD) obtained abroad.
2) Master’s degree or equivalent in biology, science in communications, digital communication, digital marketing, business communication, arts management and entrepreneurship, contemporary art, design and new media, natural science, science and technology, science education and communication, with at least three years of proven research experience on topics related to those of the call and activity carried out in the priority areas indicated within the National Strategy of Intelligent Specialization (https://bit.ly/2ULo25M) and the MUR programming for research in the period 2014-2020 (https://bit.ly/2SoEZl9).
Criteria of evaluation:
1. Proven knowledge of editorial skills in science communication for lay public a popular way with a focus on ecology, planning and realization of outreach contents;
2. Proven knowledge of environmental science topics, with particular focus on climate change issues;
3. Proven knowledge of the main editing programs for the creation of multimedia products (f.i. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut);
4. Proven knowledge of the main Content Management Systems (for example WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Liferay) and Learning Management System (for example Moodle) for updating websites and multimedia platforms, the functioning of social media and their management;
5. Knowledge of written and spoken English.
The following skills will also be evaluated:
a) knowledge / specialist skills acquired and relevant to the achievement of the objectives that the Research Infrastructure intends to achieve;
b) relevance of the activity carried out in the last 2 years with the priority areas identified within the National Strategy of Intelligent Specialization (SNSI) and the ministerial planning for research in the period 2014-2020;
c) previous collaborations with public and private scientific institutions.
* Photo by Alireza Badiee on Unsplash