LifeWatchPlus Call for applications “Semantic technologies” at UniSalento
The University of Salento has published a call for applications for a research grant entitled “Semantic technologies for biodiversity and ecosystem research to support the LifeWatchPlus distributed Data Center and the LifeWatch ERIC community” for LifeWatch Italy in the framework of the LifeWatchPlus and CIR01_0028 projects (Scientific Adviser, Prof. Alberto Basset).
The deadline for applications is 29/08/2022.
Minimum admission requirements:
1) Degree (course of study lasting at least four years, provided by the teaching systems to DM 03/11/1999, n. 509), Master’s degree (art. 3, paragraph 1, letter b, DM 03/11/2009, n. 509; Art. 3, paragraph 1, letter b, DM 22/10/2004, n. 270). The Selection Committee, for the sole purpose of selection for which it was established, recognizes the equivalence of the qualification (degree and / or PhD) obtained abroad.
Criteria of evaluation:
1. Proven competence in conceptual modeling;
2. Knowledge of languages, methods and tools for the design of ontologies, controlled vocabularies and linked data (eg SKOS, XML, OWL, RDF, SPARQL, Virtuoso, D2R, Protégé);
3. Knowledge of open access digital archives for research products (publications, data, software, etc.) and knowledge of the OpenScience paradigm (https://ec.europa.eu/research/openscience/index.cfm) and the FAIR principles, (https://www.go-fair.org/fair-principles/);
4. Knowledge of English, written and spoken.
The following skills will also be evaluated:
a) Knowledge / specialist skills acquired and relevant to the achievement of the objectives that the Research Infrastructure intends to achieve
b) Relevance of the activity carried out in the last 2 years with the priority areas identified within the National Strategy of Intelligent Specialization (SNSI) and the ministerial planning for research in the period 2014-2020;
c) Previous collaborations with public and private scientific institutions.
Click on the button for more information.