1. Establishment of memoranda of understanding between LifeWatch and the managers of the existing functional trait datasets in order to provide them with standardisation tools that will make their data interoperable and easily accessible.
2. Compilation of the European DEIMS and BioCatalogue tools with functional trait and niche datasets for existing species.
3. Finalisation of standards and ontologies for phytoplankton functional traits and their extension to zooplankton and macrozoobenthos guilds.
4. Compilation of the European DEIMS and registry, on the model of the BioCatalogue, to include information on food webs.
5. Creation of standards and ontologies to describe food webs through stable isotopes.
6. Implementation of Case Studies of species' functional traits and food webs to test and validate the virtual infrastructure created by the Thematic Centre.